SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By PlayDough
I have a power plane that is not connecting to some of my pins. It is a part I downloaded from the Cadsoft website for the STM32 LQFP144 package:

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/li ... qfp144.lbr

For some reason, the polygon pour will only connect on the sides of the pads. Here's the problem (red arrows pointing to issues):
tstop.jpg
I thought perhaps it was the tStop, but if it was it wouldn't connect on the sides either.

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By PlayDough
busonerd wrote:Check that the polygon pour spacing/isolate is not larger than the space between pads.
Hmm, that didn't do anything.

I set both to the minimum (0.004mil for spacing and 0 for isolate) and it still generates the bumps with no connection on the ends.
By StigOE
I've seen the same on other footprints as well, one of them being my own created footprint. As a workaround, I just drew a wire on the copper layer from the pad to the polygon pour.

Stig
By PlayDough
Aha!

I've not figured it out (with some help from another Eagle user I know). The pour will only connect when the line width used to generate the polygon is less than the pad width. I changed the line width on the polygons to .22mm (instead of the default 10mil), and it poured correctly. The new result:
Poured.jpg
Fixed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.