SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By thangngoc
Iam a beginner of using Eagle layout software. I have the camera module TCM8230MD but there is no breakout board available online that I could buy. I want to make one similar like this. How should I start? Any input is greatly appreciated!!
By george graves
- design in eagle
- print to a laser printer (or print with inkjet and photocopy it on a copier)
- mouser > single sided PCB
- hardware store > muriatic acid.
- pharmacy > hydrogen peroxide
- google "toner transer method" for more details.

How you are going to solder the part to the board depends mostly on the part.
By thangngoc
I have another question. Since my camera module was not in my eagle library. I already custom made one just like this with the spacing between pad was 0.4mm

However, when I went to make my breakout board using Eagle, I realized that the pads of the device seemed to be connected. I fixed a couple of times but there was no luck.

Can anyone explain why? And how to fix this issue? Thanks
By TheDirty
I'm going to say it probably has something to do with a minimum annular ring setting in Eagle, but that's irrelevant. That module is SMD and you are using through hole pads. You need to recreate the part using the SMD tool to drop the pads.
By thangngoc
oh..ok! I would use SMD pad instead of the hole pad. However, I got some clearance errors when I did the DRC error checking. The 3 errrors are the 3 white square box as shown in the picture below. How can I fix them? Thanks
By thangngoc
Ok I just got them fixed now. Now iam trying to create the Gerber and NC drill format files before submit for fabrication. Anyone know how many files I should have if I submit them to BatchPCB ?
By bkaplan
By the way, how do you give the ext.clock on the camera? Do you have a suggestion about the type of the oscillator which gives 25MHz square ptop 2.8V? I have one but it is very noisy and the shape of the wave is not sharp.
By shimniok
cool breakout board--curious, would you be willing to share a schematic?

Am about to embark on using this camera soon.
By nachox2002
We can make low cost designs with pcb included if you need. Send me an email if you need anything.