SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By StiffCookie
First of all, I would like to say Hi! My name's Evan, I'm 22 years old, I'm an electronic apprentice living in the UK and I'm very interested in the subject for a hobby too!

I've been reading through a bunch of posts on this site and it looks like a very nice environment here :). Glad to now be a part of it.

So... I started using PCB Wizard (Circuit Wizard) a little while ago and I'm very into it. A brilliant program for a beginner. I'm just having one problem. I am trying to connect D-Sub connectors to my stepper motor control board, but i can't figure out how the heck I get them onto it!

The closest I've got so far is using a D-sub connector from the PCB Component library, but it will not let me track to it. I'm getting a real headache :).

So obviously I just need to know how to get D-Sub pins into the workspace and track to them. Sounds so simple but I'm beat.

If no one can help, I might give Eagle a go. Annoying since I've gotten used to PCBW now and the fact Eagle looks harder to use, but I'm sure it's not rocket science to get a D-Sub connector into that......is it? :S

Anyways, thanks in advance for your replies and I hope to see you around!

Evan
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]