SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By StiffCookie
First of all, I would like to say Hi! My name's Evan, I'm 22 years old, I'm an electronic apprentice living in the UK and I'm very interested in the subject for a hobby too!

I've been reading through a bunch of posts on this site and it looks like a very nice environment here :). Glad to now be a part of it.

So... I started using PCB Wizard (Circuit Wizard) a little while ago and I'm very into it. A brilliant program for a beginner. I'm just having one problem. I am trying to connect D-Sub connectors to my stepper motor control board, but i can't figure out how the heck I get them onto it!

The closest I've got so far is using a D-sub connector from the PCB Component library, but it will not let me track to it. I'm getting a real headache :).

So obviously I just need to know how to get D-Sub pins into the workspace and track to them. Sounds so simple but I'm beat.

If no one can help, I might give Eagle a go. Annoying since I've gotten used to PCBW now and the fact Eagle looks harder to use, but I'm sure it's not rocket science to get a D-Sub connector into that......is it? :S

Anyways, thanks in advance for your replies and I hope to see you around!

Evan