SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By railhead
I've been trying to get a new layout working for the last 2 days, and I just have no idea what to do about it. EVERYTHING looks great -- expect my drill file isn't lining-up with the other data. Here's a screen shot:

Here's my process...

1. Everything is made in Eagle v5.

2. I run the drillcgf.ulp using mm, and drill config window has "T01 0.70mm" in it.

3. I run excellon.cam (not "excellon_rack" with my DRL file loaded). My DRD file content begins with
Code: Select all
%
T01C0.0276
%
T01
X 19334Y 14334
X 34334Y 14334

4. I open ViewMate and use File > Import > Gerber and add my CMP, SOL, STC, STS, and PLC files, and everything looks great.

5. I use File > Import > Drill & Rout and select my DRD file -- then the drills are dumped all over the place, like you see in the pic.

Like I said, I'm at my wit's end with this. What am I doing wrong? How can I get things to line up properly?
By harrison
Try using Import->Directory (Ctrl+F4). I get the same drill file alignment problem when importing the files individually. It works perfectly when I use Import->Directory.
By railhead
I have it figure out, now. I had followed the instructions at Olimex to modify the eagle.def file for greater accuracy, and that was screwing everything up. When I put the original back, everything worked perfectly.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]