SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By thousand56
Hello, I am working with the MicroMod NRF52840 board and am trying to get it to work with the Adafruit Beacon sketch that is a part of the Bluefruit library. I'm currently getting the error "fatal error: nrf_sdm.h: No such file or directory" Should I not be going this route? I see in the provided example on the Sparkfun guide they use ArduinoBLE, but the example doesn't apply to what I'm doing exactly. Should I go in that direction and are there guide on using the ArduinoBLE library instead of Bluefruit or other options?
By paulvha
The examples from the Adafruit nrf52840 will not compile with Micromod (MM) and ArduinoBLE.

Adafruit library is completely different and is using many of the functions from the nrf52840- SoftDevice (BLE). Even if you want to compile with the Adafruit library and try to upload to the MM nRF52480, it will not work as it expects that the board has a different (UF2-compatible) bootloader. Let alone the pinout etc. I have tried it, made the MM nrf52480 variant file, and applied to change the boards.txt to upload... it does not work. But I have not gone as far as setting a new bootloader on the MM nRF52840, I have tried to upload with BOSSA instead of nrfutil.

The Micro mod nRF52480 is leveraging the Arduino MBED library and the bootloader interacts well with BOSSA. Follow the hookup guide to install the variant. Then install ArduinoBLE.

ArduinoBLE does NOT have an (I)BEACON peripheral sketch example. Just out of interest, I have spent some time assembling/creating one (attached). It works with different Beacon scanners on IOS or Android. (see the top of the sketch)

Currently working on a 'Beacon Scanner' on ArduinoBLE, which works well on an nrf52480, but I am having issues on an Artemis / Apollo3 board. Still trying to find out why.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum