SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By teletypeguy1
I did a custom (carrier) board with an m.2 conn and that worked out well, so now I am trying out a custom processor board (not back yet but in fab right now). For a small proto batch I just let the fab house panelize, and they just did a 1-up to make it easy, wasting oodles of panel real estate. To lower per-piece pcb cost I need to panelize it to at least 1x5 or 2x5 or whatever, but am unsure the best approach. I have done panel arrays before with v-score and/or milling, custom tabs/mousebites... I have a few ideas on the how to lay out an array, but thought I would ask:
Sparkfun: How do you panel your micromods?
Anyone else who may have done a custom processor: same question
The connector edge needs full milling/chamfer, of course. The screw notch could be milled or drilled (just a npth, as the screw head does not need to contact gnd). The sides can be v-scored, as can the top edge and the upper corners do not need to be milled with a radius. Anyone?
The wasteful 1-up array:
Screenshot from 2022-09-30 09-27-45.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By TS-Russell
Some of our products have the files available (along with GRB and whatnot); perform a google search for 1 or more micromod names and the panelization file format you're after and see if it appears on the item's github/results
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum