SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By jcardona
Hello,

it's my first time playing around with sparksfun boards, but not my first time programming. I'm used to programming in IDE's but doing something work with boards is much different than that. So my doubt is this, since I have two m0 processors ''connected'' to a main board with a wifi module; how do I actually start programming and see return values?

I was researching with raspberry software and there is this image os for m0 processors, it is called the RISC OS and I did an image of RISC to a microSD. I'm trying to get some help making a setup environment with these hardware components (4 in total: lorawan, RP2040 processor, WIFI module and Main Board - double).

Thx in advance,

JCC
By TS-Russell
Which function boards are you using, the lorawan or the wifi (we have 2 different wifi ones)?

On each product's info page, click on "documents" to see links to the hookup guides for each (double board https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/mi ... are-hookup , rp2040 micromod https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/14 ... uWEALw_wcB , and then which function board you have)

*Then* move on custom OS and whatnot after you have it all functioning as expected
By jcardona
I am not really using any board for wifi yet. Originally I got the RF board to try using lorawan as an input that is required for the Helium blockchain, since they stopped making their own and everything is open source I decided to choose that one because 'Helium' recommend it. For me it didnt really make any sense since what I wanted to build was a miner and what I got was other thing because it doesnt satisfy the requirements to be a Helium miner.

So, what I am trying to build is just a small but powerful computer with what I ordered recently which is the main micromod board with a RP2040 processor and wifi module connected to it and I now setted the RF with the Qwiic cable to this same board.

The thing is that what I wanna build now is not going to be using Arduino IDE since it limits me in many ways and I wont get the results I am expecting. So I was researching, before doing this second order with all these new stuff, that ARM chips can be programmed using c++ which is the language I am expecting to be using and not Arduino.

So, to wrap this all up... I just wanna try making these boards display RISC OS PI to my laptop which I believe is sufficient enough to make a secondary display using this OS which I did Image to a microsd but I still do not get the display of such OS in personal machine. I've read all the resources regarding the stuff I bought but nothing makes sense to me if I can see the image running in action.

Playing with boards is new to me, I'm not using any pins besides the lorawan anthenna as an input and everything I have tried following guides has resulted in failure. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. In other sense I just wanna know if there is an IDE to program these chips or I am just dreaming about it?
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum