SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By tyochum
I cannot get Windows to recognize my ESP32 when I plug it in. I found several other posts on this subject, and I have tried the following:
1. Different USB cord. (I verified the USB cord I am using supports data.)
2. Drivers update. (I installed the CP2104 drivers.)
3. Putting the board into "dataload" mode.
4. Two different computers.

I am using the weather carrier board with the micromod ESP32 board. I get the power light when I plug it in, and I get the blinking status light when it is in normal boot mode. I don't get anything showing up in device manager. (No "unknown device".)

I can connect to an arduino board without problem.

Any ideas?
By TS-Chris
Might be a bad USB to serial chip on the micromod ESP32.

If you purchased the board directly off our website, just fill in the form on this page with your order number and the URL to this forum post and we can replace it for you.
If you purchased from a distributor or Amazon you will need to let them know you have a defective product and arrange with them for an exchange.
By evan.davey
I have the same issue using a ATP carrier board with ESP32 micromod. I purchased 5/6/21 so doubt will be eligible for return (and am only getting to this now as I had to move on at the time).

The same ATP board works with a nRF582840 micromod with the same USB-C cable so seems like the serial to USB converter isn't the issue.

ESP32 led is flashing slowly.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum