SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By mricman
DISCLAIMER: I am a total noob with no experience. I don't even know how to use command line prompts.

I recently purchased 5 web relays. Sadly, although they allow me to change the IP address, they all have the same MAC address and therefore can't be used on the same network together.

My hope is that someone can help me read the program off the Nuvoton M0517LBN (Same structure as the M0516, but the internal osc is not guaranteed) then locate the MAC address within the code and modify it so each board has a unique MAC. Then re-write the boards so I can use them. (I am hoping the protection is not enabled.)

This is the same chip used in the cheali(?) charger that I have been reading about on other sites.

First, I need help using OpenOCD to read the chip... commands, etc. (I have no experience using command line programs. I'm an all GUI kind of guy.) Then, I will scour the code to see if I can identify the location the MAC address is stored. After changing the code, I will need help writing it back to the chip.

I have an ST-Link V2 which can communicate with the chip using CoFlash. But, it does not read the chip, only does a blank check.

Here is a link to the board I am trying to correct.

https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-Channe ... +web+relay

Thanks in advance for any help.