SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By wufucious
Hello all. I am using OpenOCD 0.0.9 debugging stm32 m3 small boards. All of them have ftdi jtag debugger.

When I connect one of them via USB, it works. However when I connect another, it does not work.

I am using the "openocd -f board/xxxx.cfg -c init -c "reset halt" " command.

Any suggestions? I wish I could debug two at the same time. Thanks!
By john_t_eaton
Warning! I have never tried this so let me know if it works.

First of all it is easy to set up a usb device if you know what it's PID/VID numbers are and there is only one plugged in. You have two so that you will have to research and find out how to tell openocd to use one particular interface. You can then run two copies of openocd and assign each copy to its own interface.

You will need to change the default openocd ports for the second instance of openocd. The first one can use the default "telnet 4444" port but the second one needs a different
port number.

Try that and let us know how far you get.

John Eaton
By cphealy
Just to share my experience, this is definitely possible, especially with the recent changes made by Matthias Welwarsky:

http://repo.or.cz/openocd.git/commit/0a ... 3379983dc4

I'm currently using this code to load and execute a bootloader (barebox) with 20 i.MX6 (Cortex-A9) platforms at once for a manufacturing burn-in system. This is with the FTDI chips as the JTAG interface. I have each one running at 30Mhz (max speed for the FTDI part) and I get an average data load speed of 300KB/s per unit when loading 20 at once. When it's just one unit getting loaded, I get a load speed of ~950KB/s.