SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By asgard
Hi, i'm working with str9 I'm able to download in Ram my programs both with amontec jtag and with wiggler.
At the end of downloading openocd returns with a lot of "memory write caused data abort" and when I read the memory through insight it shows me wrong downloaded data in all the ram.
i hope i explain correctly my problem.
Any suggestions?

tnx

Regards

Lucio
By noice
At the end of downloading openocd returns with a lot of "memory write caused data abort" and when I read the memory through insight it shows me wrong downloaded data in all the ram.
OpenOCD's gdb server currently ignores errors in the underlying read. So, the OpenOCD window shows abort errors when Insight/GDB reads illegal memory, but the OpenOCD GDB server doesn't pass on the error to Insight. Instead, it just returns whatever junk is in the data buffer that it allocated on the stack. That's why you see incorrect data.

As for why Insight asks to read the illegal memory (or write it, apparently), I have no idea. Are you SURE that your target has RAM in the area you are downloading? The write errors you mention sound like they might be generated by the download to non-existant memory.
By asgard
I'm sure that the download is in the target's ram.
I'm running openocd from eclipse and only here (not insight) i see the errors (I'm not expert about GDB so i suppose that gdb returns errors to openocd and it returns them to eclipse's console).

Have u got any fully work examples for str9?

tnx

Lucio
By Dominic
Hello Lucio,

I don't think your problems are specific to the str9.

Please send me the .cfg file you're using, and the OpenOCD debug output (run with -d -l <logfile>) to Dominic.Rath <at> gmx.de.

Regards,

Dominic