SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By ravaz
I'm trying to use openocd with LPC4078 without success since I can't find the right script file. I tried to use the script for lpc1768 but then I'm unable to write the flash. I'm using st-link/V2 as interface.
The parameter for launching openocd are:
Code: Select all
-f /interface/stlink-v2.cfg  -c "transport select hla_swd" -f  /target/lpc17xx.cfg
With those parameters openocd connects correctly to the board but when I try to write the flash I get the following error message:
BUG: unknown Part ID encountered: 0x47193f47 
Which makes sense since I specified lpc1768 and the cpu is lpc4078, but I can't find the right script. The error message comes from lpc2000.c source file, in this file there's no mention to lpc4000 familly flash. Should i use another flash memory driver?

Is there anybody out there which made it working with the "openocd <-> st-link <-> lpc4078" combination?

Thanks.
By nemuisan
Hi,ravaz.

LPC407x/8x should work same cfg by LPC177x/8x,but lack of support flash auto detection
for LPC407x/8x on current commit.I will commit auto detection for LPC407x/8x devices.

For the time,you can use attached file for lpc4078/88 special cfg instead of lpc17xx.cfg.
(This cfg file work with OpenOCD0.9.0-dev latest commit)

It can be same usage like lpc17xx:
-f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -c "transport select hla_swd" -f target/lpc4088_flash.cfg
For example,to flash "main.elf",you can execute procedure call.
-f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -c "transport select hla_swd" -f target/lpc4088_flash.cfg -c "mt_flash main.elf"
Best regards.

Nemui Trinomius.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]