SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By Vankata
Hi all,
I would like to have the possibility to use OpenOCD for programming and debugging the ADuCM360 chip. The missing part for the moment is the flash driver. I searched a lot but could anything like a description of the required source code modifications. I understand that the many other drivers can serve as examples but still some points might be missed.
The question is - Is there any compact guide or useful instructions on how one should proceed if the aim is provide support for a new target in OpenOCD?
Thanks! Best regards!
By Vankata
Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately, those command will only work with the help of the driver I am trying to develop :)
What I understand is that based on the datasheet of ADuCM360, I have to write several C functions (reading/writing byte(s) from/to its flash), to put them in separate file, e.g. 'aducm360.c' to add it to the openocd list of sources, to announce it somehow somewhere else, so that a new key for the new driver is available after the compilation of the openocd. Theoretically, seems clear but practically for me it is difficult. I know that there are people who already did that and I was hoping that they could advise...
Regards!