SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By johnroloiii
Hi,

I'm a newcomer to the OpenOCD world who is looking to use OpenOCD as a debug proxy server for an OpenRISC processor. I am using ORPSOCv3 for my hardware development and plan on using a Virtex-5 FPGA for implementing the processor. In reading the documentation for OpenOCD I find that there seems to be good support for Altera devices with this software, but I can hardly find anything online on using it with Xilinx. If anybody here could answer these questions for me I would very grateful:

1. Is OpenOCD currently compatible with Xilinx devices? From what I've seen there is support for XSVF.

2. How should I configure the OpenOCD build for Xilinx support? Do I use --enable-libusb0 if I am using a Xilinx Platform USB cable, or what other options do I need to include?

3. Has anyone written a .cfg file for the Virtex-5 or a similar FPGA for use with OpenOCD?

Thanks
By tanveergh
Hi,
For 2, I am using a jtag usb tiny instead of Xilinx Platform USB cable. I could configure Openocd for this jtag.
Were you able to create a .cfg file for Virtex-5 ?
Do xilinx guys provide a cfg for their device.
I think, we just need the jtag tap values only for example. 1. device name (which may be xc3s1000 etc) 2. expected-id 3. irlen.
But from where to get this information.

Thanks
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]