SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By mex1
Hello all, I'm hoping someone here can help me with this (potentially) openocd error.

I'm currently working with a custom board fitted with an STM32F373. I'm programming it using an STM32F3 Discovery board through the st-link-v2 interface. Previously, I was able to successfully connect with openocd through my Sourcery CodeBench arm-none-eabi-gdb session and flash my project to it with the following commands:
Code: Select all
openocd -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/target/stm32f3x_stlink.cfg -c init
And then in an arm-none-eabi-gdb terminal
Code: Select all
target remote :3333
My custom board features some LEDs, that I had attached to timers. They were programmed to flash at specific rate. Based on this, I determined that I hadn't activated the PLL as I intended, so I set the HSEBYP bit in the RCC configuration register (based on having to do this for previous projects with similar hardware configurations), then attempted to flash the newly built image to the MCU. The image seemed to flash correctly, but after resetting the MCU, the gdb connection was dropped, and since then, I have been unable to connect to openocd through gdb. The openocd command that I pasted earlier now outputs this: http://hastebin.com/avuxosecor.vhdl Here is also the debug level 3 output for openocd after starting it up, then attempting to connect gdb to it: http://hastebin.com/oteliyated.md. Around line 579 is when I attempt to connect my gdb session to openocd. Something that jumps out at me is that soon after it's referencing a file called stm32f1x.c, which may be confused since I'm working with the stm32f3?

I apologize, I'm not positive if this is an error with my usage of openocd, if this is an issue with the microcontroller I'm working with, or if it's a hardware error. I'm hoping someone can help me determine what this problem is being caused by, and if it's openocd, how I can fix it. Additionally, I'm wondering if there's a way to command openocd to erase the image on the MCU, so I can start over and salvage this MCU? Thank you.