SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By Harvs
I'm not sure if this is even possible or not, but I've got a RPi with two STM32F4 DISCO boards in a one off instrument I'm building. Because it'll be housed in a non-hospitable place, ideally I want to do updates and debugging over TCP/IP to the STM32's via the RPi.

So I compiled OpenOCD 0.7.0 on the RPi and it works excellent, except I can only see one board. I assume this is because they both have the same VID and PID, so by adding a second interface into the config file it just comes up with an error that the interface has already been configured. However, using lsusb both USB interfaces are present.

I have no need to simultaneously debug the two boards, but I need to be able to launch debugging on either board remotely without physical intervention (i.e. I can't easily unplug the board I don't want to debug.)

Has anyone got any idea's how I might achieve this?

Thanks for your help.
By trichner
Not sure if anyone still cares, but I made a fork of openocd 0.9.0 that can correctly handle multiple STLINK-V2 interfaces (e.g. multiple discovery boards).

The fork can be found here: https://github.com/trichner/openocd

You will need to specifiy the 'hla_serial' in the openocd board config file, but instead of the binary variant you'll need the hex value of it (otherwise you might end up having to add non-displayable characters as you serial :/ ).
I have tested it with up to 6 devices and it worked so far.