SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By hankkauffmann
Hi Guys.

I am debugging an LPC1313 using the ARM-JTAG-EW with IAR 5.4. I have a couple issues that I can't seem to get around.

The first problem is I have managed to brick two boards. During the startup sequence in system_LPC1313.c there are a number of macros and defines for configuring clock speed. I discovered the hard way that the macros allow you to choose the PLL output as your system clock without giving the commands to first enable it. Once I did that, I found that I can no longer attach to the chip via ARM-JTAG-EW and only get the message ...

Fri Feb 04 09:17:39 2011: Fatal error: ERROR: Error while selecting target interface, error code -2114 (ADIv5 Debug Port invalid response) Session aborted!

This leads me to my second problem. How do I properly configure the hardware to RESET via the JTAG. The RESET pin (active low) has a 10K pull_up. When I connect it NTRST line from the ARM-JTAG-EW, it is continually pulled low and I still can't attach to the chip. Should I hook to the STRST instead?

Does anybody have a suggestion where to start to tackle my problem?

Hank
By hankkauffmann
In closing ...

I tried the Flash Magic route and couldn't get it to connect to the chip.
In the interests of saving time I fired up the hotplate and replaced the chip.
I'll add support for uart based ISP on the next spin, I needed the UART later anyway.