Can someone set me straight on a problem I've run into? The RTC settings in my OLA do not always persist after the unit is powered down.
Here's a summary of what I've encountered:
1. Set the RTC date and time on OLA via CoolTerm. Works fine.
2. Power OLA down.
3. Power OLA up again and log some data with an attached BMP280.
4. Power OLA down and examine the logs from the SD card. RTC data has persisted and barometer data looks fine. Yay!
5. Put OLA away overnight.
6. Power OLA up again and log some data.
7. Power the OLA down and examine the logs. Barometer data looks fine but RTC has reset. Zoinks.
Has my OLA got a bum RTC battery? Or, am I making a bonehead error?
Another possibly related thing I've noticed is that the OLA does not always start to log automatically on power up. Sometimes pressing the reset button is required. Pressing the button may even be necessary when one logging session follows another after only a few minutes of power off. My guess is that the OLA may be going into low power mode. However I have not set that option.
Other than this little hiccup with RTC, the OLA is just what I was looking for to log in-flight data from model aircraft.
Many thanks in advance.