SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By cameronus
I'm currently using a Mac running Big Sur and when I try to upload the BLE LED example (with the latest board definitions and ArduinoBLE libray) I get the following error:
Code: Select all
[24036] Failed to execute script asb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "asb.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "/Users/runner/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.7.8/x64/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 623, in exec_module
  File "site-packages/serial/tools/list_ports.py", line 29, in <module>
  File "/Users/runner/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.7.8/x64/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 623, in exec_module
  File "site-packages/serial/tools/list_ports_posix.py", line 31, in <module>
  File "site-packages/serial/tools/list_ports_osx.py", line 32, in <module>
ValueError: dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, kIOMasterPortDefault): symbol not found
ValueError: dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, kIOMasterPortDefault): symbol not found
I've been trying to debug this for the longest time and can't seem to have any success. Any help would be appreciated.
By paulvha
Exampel8 BLE-LED, as it was available in the earlier version of Sparkfun library ( up to version 1.1.0) is NOT compatible with ArduinoBLE. It will not work, Try callbackled.ino in ArduinBLE peripheral examples.
By cameronus
The problem has nothing to do with the compilation process since it compiles just fine––rather it's a problem with uploading and the serial port in particular from what I can garner from the error message. I've tried this on two different laptops running Big Sur with both encountering the same issue. Since this seems to be endemic with Macs running the latest version, I'd really appreciate some help from Sparkfun in getting this board to work.
By paulvha
you are correct.. my bad.

Looking on github https://github.com/pyserial/pyserial/bl ... rts_osx.py, it states that
# kIOMasterPortDefault is no longer exported in BigSur but no biggie, using NULL works just the same

It is a known issue for Sparkfun : https://github.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apollo3/issues/299. While there is solution/patch in the list_ports_osx.py it is not used as Sparkfun is using a compiled version of the uploader.

Not sure what they are doing about it.. Maybe you can try to run the python source from 2.0.3/tools/uploaders/asb with the right parameters or make a new compiled version with pyinstaller.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum