SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
Received Redboard Artemis, added sparkfun apollo 3 boards package 1.0.7 in arduino, confirmed ch340 driver was correct in device manager, tested various sketches with Sparkfun Artemis Module board selected, then -accidently- loaded code to the artemis with a different board selected , and I was attempting to use myserial with the human presence detector but, now when i have the artemis board plugged into the usb com port on the computer i lose control of my mouse, my mouse moves all over the upper left hand corner of my screen, and randomly left and right mouse clicks occur.

I tried to use the artemis sdk and load the artemis_bootloader, which i had to remove apollo 3 1.0.7 and install 1.0.5 to find the package in the examples, but I am unable to load any new code to the board.
Hi axiodisi.

This sometimes happens on Windows PC's. What causes it is whenever you plug a serial device into a Windows computer, the first thing Windows does it see if you've plugged in a serial mouse. Sometimes, if you sketch is outputting the right characters when you plug it in, Windows mistakes it for a mouse and assigns the COM port to a mouse and then interprets the serial data being sent as 'mouse data.'

The easiest way to fix this would be to move the board over to another computer and program in some code that doesn't do anything with the serial port. (Blink would be fine.) Then move it back to the computer that thinks it's a mouse and go into the control panel and delete the serial mouse from there. Unplug and replug and you should have a COM port again.

If you don't have another computer handy to program the board, the links below might be helpful in preventing the COM port from being detected as a mouse again.
https://www.taltech.com/support/entry/w ... g_com_port
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/922 ... rial-mouse
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum