SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By MR_GENERIC
Hello, I have a use case which requires two separate systems to connect and communicate with each other.

Both systems are functionally similar and contain one Artemis ATP and a Redboard Artemis. For each system, I'm using SPI communications with the Artemis ATP as the controller and the Redboard Artemis as the peripheral.

When I connect the systems, it will be through the Artemis ATPs, and I would like them to communicate as well. My serial connections are taken up, so I would like to use SPI for this as well. This would require one ATP to be the controller and the other to be the peripheral. Thus, one of my Artemis ATPs will be a peripheral to the other ATP as well as the controller to a Redboard Artemis. I do plan on using different pin sets as Artemis has up to 6 SPI ports. I just wanted to confirm this would be correct before proceeding.

Here is a picture of the setup. I've had success with the openlogs before and plan on using those with the serial ports.
ATP_image.jpg
Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By MR_GENERIC
well that's... frustrating. That really diminishes the value of multiple, configurable ports for me. I'm a bit at the limit of my capabilities already. Do you have a recommendation on how to get these to talk to each other? I can use UART, but there would be 3-connections coming from the top ATP which is one too many.

Edit: ok so I think I'm going to do UART between the two ATPs and replace the redboards with regular Arduinos and use I2C or SPI with them as peripherals.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum