SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By tomts
Hello All -
Does anyone know what registers to set to enable the BLE functions in the Artemis Module without the need to add an external 32 kHz crystal? I can load and run code without the crystal, but BLE only works when I add the crystal. This has supposedly been solved (post #224144), but no details were given. I've played around with the obvious register (BLEIF->CLKCFG_b.CLK32KEN), but setting it to zero just results in the code hanging. I'm clearly missing something.
By tomts
Hi Paul -
Thank you very much for the reply. I'm trying to get an Artemis Module into a small place (the top-bar of a frame in a bee hive), so removing the external crystal would have been beneficial. I've been struggling with this for a week, partly because of this forum exchange https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=55341. They claim to have gotten the Module BLE working without the 32 kHz crystal, but give no details that would enable me to repeat it. I will now accept the need for the crystal and move on to other problems.
Sparkfun - a statement regarding the need to add this crystal in one of your excellent guidance documents would be very useful for other semi-competent diy types, such as myself. Since you've already added the external 32MHz crystal, it's natural to assume that the Module is "complete".
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum