SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By hanzichi
I got a new a OLA board a couple weeks ago and initially had success connecting it to a couple qwiic devices, configuring output, and even getting output over a RN-42 bluetooth module. Once I started putting in SD cards, it started getting wonky, and now doesn't work at all. With the SD card in, I get no output over the USB at all; it does appear to write files to SD though. Without an SD card, I get as far as below, but then it just hangs as far as the terminal goes.

I have tried reloading firmware (OpenLog_Artemis-V10-v24.bin), and it does load successfully, but get the same output. I have some feeling it has to do with config file settings, but not sure. Where is the config file if there is no SD? Is there a way to force wiping the config file? Kinda stuck here...

Without SD card:
SD init failed (second attempt). Is card present? Formatted?
Please ensure the SD card is formatted correctly using https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
Config file read failed: SD offline
By hanzichi
I tried the 'OpenLog_Artemis-V10-v24-NoPowerLossProtection.bin' version, and that by itself did not change anything. I did 'Update Bootloader' from the GUI and that seems to have gotten things back to working; at least on the first reboot. I wonder if that wipes the config file too. I may have accidentally changed a setting that essentially bricked it.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum