SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By Herman124
Hello
I just started working with the SPARKFUN Redboard ARTEMIS (15444) together with the Arduino IDE. I installed everything as indicated in SPARKFUN tutorial https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ar ... th-arduino. Everything goes perfect, even de the available led blink example (in the tutorial considered as “a good benchmark to make sure you've got your core installed correctly and you can upload code to your module”) runs from the first time! But after compiling this extremely short example, I got this information: almost 116kB (11%) programming space used and almost 28kB (7%) ram space for global variables! Can anyone explain???
By TS-Russell
Thanks for reaching out to us on this.

Those are just informational messages to alert you of the amount(s) of space used by the code most recently uploaded to the board.

You only need to worry if/when they approach 100%

Hope this helps, and happy sparking!
By Herman124
I really wondered how much flash/ram are used IN REAL for this application with only a few instructions (led on ...led off). When the figures are correct I will never be able to put Arduino programs of a few kB into the 'huge' memory of the Artemis! I guess there must be another explanation...
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum