SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By matthewfwork
So I am super new to robotics as a whole. I have a ThunderBorg with a QWIC connect adapter connected to the raspberry pi. The pi as ubuntu 20.04 installed on it and I have the Artemis connected to it with the QWIC connect tough it is not being detected. Is there any documentation or videos on installing an Artemis to a raspi with ubuntu? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
By TS-Chris
Unfortunately I don't think there's currently support for Artemis in Linux, we suggest doing all your programming work for the Artemis in Windows.
By matthewfwork
TS-Chris wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:33 am Unfortunately I don't think there's currently support for Artemis in Linux, we suggest doing all your programming work for the Artemis in Windows.
truly I am only looking to pull senor data from it at the moment. This should be possible correct? If so can you point me in the direction of supporting documentation so I can setup properly. Thank you!
By TS-Chris
Aretmis is another processor just like the Pi is, you wouldn't be able to pull data from it via I2C (Qwiic) without writing firmware for the Artemis and connecting sensors to it.

It might be easier for you to connect whatever sensors you need data from directly to the Pi and skip the Artemis, it would simplify things quite a bit for you.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum