SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
Hi All,

Can the OpenLog Artemis (Red) be configured to log data from any I2C Sensors? or is it strictly compatible with the sensors listed on the website? If it is possible to configure OpenLog Artemis with other sensors, what would be involved?

I am building a remote datalogger and will be using a the following sensor to measure hydrostatic pressure (https://bluerobotics.com/store/sensors- ... sor-r1-rp/) .

Kind regards

EMG_WE
Hi Paul,

Thanks for you prompt reply, much appreciated. That is great news. This platform look very good for my application as I am required to collect a wide range of data. It would be great to change and adjust sensors as my project is set to evolve.

Can I clarify/confirm a few things:
1) the firmware for the OpenLog Artemis is a series of .ino sketches that can be modified and uploaded to the board.
2) Sensors can added and remove by adjusting the sketches accordingly and uploading.
3) The format (i.e. sample rate and selection) of data that is saved to the SD card and displayed to the serial port be adjusted to my needs. I require a consistent sample rate for 30 minute intervals. (This is important for post processing the data).
4) Does the IMU require calibration similar to other IMUs like the BNO005?

The sensor you have attached is interesting (along with the SparkFun GPS-RTK2 Board - ZED-F9P) and will fit into the project perfectly. Albeit I will still need to include the original pressure sensor as it is waterproof and designed the measure the depth of remotely operated submersible vehicles (ROVs).

Thanks again

EMG_WE
Hi @EMG_WE,
1) It's more of a 'collection' of sketches. OpenLog_Artemis_ino is the main one, the others are included automatically.
2) You can add new sensors to the firmware by following the checklist. I'm not sure why you would want to remove any? The OLA detects which sensors are connected and adjusts accordingly.
3) Yes, the sample rate and selection of which parameters are logged can be adjusted. Yes, you can choose to open a new log file every 30 minutes too.
4) It works well without calibration, but, yes, there is a calibration procedure that could be added to the firmware - if required. That would be an upgrade though.
Best wishes,
Paul
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]