SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By jman8
Hi all,

I'll start off by saying I know NOTHING about location transmitters!!! That is why I'm here. I'm sure any question I could think of has been answered here before but I don't really know the right words/terms to search for (I have tried, I promise) to find the answers to my questions. I want to say thank you in advance and I appreciate any help!

My question/problem. I am trying to build something that would require a very small location transmitter (less than 7mm in diameter or a square shape that will fit into 7.4 mm diameter opening, length is not likely to be an issue.) I don't need a top shelf device just something that will wirelessly transmit its location possibly up to a mile once every minute or two and 30' feet or so is fine for accuracy. First of all does anything exist that is that small. I have been looking at micro gps transmitters one of which is the AMY-5M I saw referenced in a post on here but I don't understand if the transmitter that I'm looking at requires additional parts or if they work all by them selves. is there something besides gps that works as well/better and more easily fit the dimensions.

I'm sure I have 2,000 more questions but so far that is a much of a question as I can form based on what I know about this stuff.
By jman8
I didn't intend for it to be a double post. I made this post and after a couple hours it never showed up so I resorted to "hi-jacking" a thread with a title fitting my problem that had its most recent reply made in 2012 in an effort to get my question asked. This is why I avoid forums. I'll move along and look for assistance somewhere else. Sorry for ruining lives with my hijacking and double posting.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]