SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By ohararp
Take a look at the reference manual. By sending the EM406 "commands" you can change a bunch of things (uP or PC). Additionally, if you use the sirfdemo.exe program you can change even more things using the pull down menus that implement the binary protocol. Using the usb dev card you will be all set.
By RancidWannaRiot
ohararp wrote:Take a look at the reference manual. By sending the EM406 "commands" you can change a bunch of things (uP or PC). Additionally, if you use the sirfdemo.exe program you can change even more things using the pull down menus that implement the binary protocol. Using the usb dev card you will be all set.
i was looking at the board.. it has external interface pins.. maybe i don't have to design a board for the EM406.. and i can just use that board right into my project... the only thing is.. i need some extra hardware that i'm gonna puton htatsecond board.. so i might just make a board for hte EM406 anyway..

hehe but thanks
By ohararp
I would definitely consider using the board in "development" work and then when you know your connections are correct and your code works then go ahead and make a dedicated pcb.