SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By Josevega10
I bought the EM401 gps chips and with the webpage I saw that the available evaluation board was the EM406/EM401 Evaluation board (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... cts_id=653). I have tried different computers and I either get No Device or No GPS Receiver when scanning the ports on the GPSinfo program.

Is it a problem with the evaluation board because it specifies 406, and if it's suppose to be one specific for 401 where can I find it because I didn't find it on the sparkfun pages? Or is it something else?

Please advise,
Thanks

Jose
By Unterhausen
Are you sure you are getting power? The led on the eval board and the gps module should light up. I was trying to use a 406 eval board today and the power supply connector was not soldered to the 5v pads.

My other suspect is the com port cable. I think I have a perfect record of never wiring a com port cable the correct way the first time.
By Unterhausen
Unterhausen wrote:My other suspect is the com port cable. I think I have a perfect record of never wiring a com port cable the correct way the first time.
I just got one of these working yesterday and had to rebuild the cable I made for it 3 times. Dislexia stinks.