SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By fll-freak
From your first statement "What happen and how to repair my GPS LS20031" it would seem that at some point it worked and now it does not. If that is the case, what have you done in the mean time? Added, subtracted, or changed anything at all?

A history of this problem might be very helpful!
By paithew
I have 4 GPSs. Before they have worked perfectly no problem. And someday they have error all at the same time. I do not change anything at all. I will upload my circuit.
By paithew
this is my circuit

and another xbee (connect to computer) is receiver data from xbee with GPS
By fll-freak
I know nothing about Xbees, but I wonder why the 12 ohm resistor to the module. Is this because the xbee needs 3.3V and you hope that the 0.9 volts gets dropped over it? Or is the Xbee a 5V part and you have that resistor there to limit a short circuit condition?

Now I did just look and the GPS module is a 3.3V part with an absolute max input of 4.2V. Cutting things close are we not? Would it not be simpler just to put a regulator into this circuit and have everything working at the correct voltage?
By Joeisi
I would agree with the above. The XBee does not draw a constant current throughout its operation. Thus, the voltage drop across the resistor will change, making the voltage very unreliable. Spend the extra dollar or so to save your $20 radio.
By paithew
Thank you very much.
Now I can fixed this problem already.
It is about api mode in xbee. If we use simple mode, it is nothing about problem. But In api mode, it should be nothing about problem. When I will use this mode, I think that I must fix my circuit that you recommend.
Thank you fll-freak and Joeisi.