SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By walker123
my friend told me I can download a new navigation system, spam, on mobile phones and smartphones. You only have to download a very small program and pair a Bluetooth GPS receiver. The program is suitable for many different mobile phones of all popular brands. I share the good news with everyone. The website of spam is www.spam.com
By leon_heller
Why have you cross-posted this to three forums?

Leon
By SOI_Sentinel
My memory tells me there was a different viral ad for this thing here last night. Given the wording, I'd also be wary of phishing.

Doing a little research, I find this has been spammed high and low. I also find an EU/UK patent on this. Hmmm... I'm mostly finding random spam of similar thinking to this and the other junk posts, one Microsoft MVP that seems a bit supportive, and a lot of messages that no one's responded to. Ah, found one with some actual info. It apparently is real, it works, but it's lower resolution than standard GPS and the provided information is a bit sparse.

However, if we can't hack it or give us accurate data to within 30cm, it's not too interesting here :)
By phalanx
It is spam but I've been working a lot of OT and haven't had the time to flush it all out. It has been taken care of now.

I hate spam. If you find it lurking in the board, send me a PM and I'll get rid of it. It is hard to catch it all.

-Bill