SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By brunolap
How did you solve your problem?
I´m thinking about using a EM-406 GPS on a project, but i´m gonna need DGPS corrections.

I was thinking about emulating a DGPS radio basead on data received via Ntrip (gets dgsp correction through the internet)

So my question is: what is the PORTB that is mentioned on the datasheet and how can i interface with it?
By ekoy
sorry that i delete my post i dont know that somebody still needs this information..

anywayz regarding my problem i just take into consideration and take some observation about the NMEA data that i acquire from my GPS receiver, i just take note on the Position fix Indicator which can be found on the NMEA data that indicator to what data you acquire and i notice that my data always change from GPS and DGPS data (position fix indicator changes from 1 and 2 and vice versa, 1 = GPS , 2 = DGPS ) and same as you guys i want my acquire data to be constantly DGPS but unfortunately i cant have it as that but what i notice is that everytime i get a satelite of more than 5 i can acquire DGPS data this was base on my series of test and observation , i might be wrong but that is how i dealt with it and it does work , if anybody knows more please correct me if im wrong i still need more information but for now im satisfied in it.

hope it help..

ekoy
By ekoy
just found out that number of satellite tracked still cant guarantee a DGPS mode of your gps receiver..

still need help on this..

ekoy
By ledah
I see my question is asked here but there's no answer, so I will just bump this topic instead of creating a new one.

The datasheet for the EM-406A has a command to set a PORTB for DGPS input, but the EM-406A only has one connection. How do I access this PORTB?
I tried to search the internet for an answer but most people just use the EM-406A for normal GPS activity.