SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By SimonDyer
I just received the above eval kit and could not find details on the Serial pins for this board - I see on the other boards, two serial ports are provided for this Lassen module - so can someone tell me more about the serial connector for this board - is it RS232 and is it the Trimble TSIP or NMEA port. I'm assuming I can connect to this and also have the datalogger working, or i sthat not the case?
If this is a link I missed, apologies and please provide, but I cannot find data on this serial connection for this board.
By seanaes
I've been working to get ISP Utility to recognize the chip, usig both the "cumbersome" manual push into ISP mode as well as the ISP Utility method. Havn't been able to communicate with the board at all. I'm using MAX3323 chips for the TTL-232 conversion.. Anyone else trying this route?
By SimonDyer
I did get a reply from Spark informing me that this port is connected to UART0, and is only used for programming the micro. Rewriting the code to include an interrupt driven routine could service the port and output the Lassen data. I'd really like it if Spark added that functionality hint hint.