SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By chiman
I am having a problem downloading a file using AT#FTPGET command. After the FTP connection is established, I try to use at#ftpget command to download a file but it always response with ERROR.
Code: Select all
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","COMDATA"
ok

AT#GPRS=1
+IP: 129.137.1.1

AT#FTPOPEN="202.222.7.23","User","Pass"
OK

AT#FTPCWD="test"
OK

AT#FTPLIST
ERROR

AT#FTPGET="file.txt"
ERROR

AT#FTPMSG
#FTPMSG: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file.txt(352 bytes).

AT#FTPCLOSE
OK
I don't know why it doesn't work
Anyone had any experience with this?

Many thanks.
By computerpower
Hi all,
I'm having the same problem, it appeared after the hosting company moved my account to different data center, with linux operating system;
Try Passive mode:AT#FTPOPEN="202.222.7.23","User","Pass","","1"
The last 1 means Passive mode, please check syntax

After some time I have discovered that the correct syntax would is:
AT#FTPOPEN="202.222.7.23","User","Pass","",1
This is is why the last parameter was ignored and connection opened still in active mode. After the correction, the connection went passive and AT#FTPGET and AT#FTPPUT worked correctly. I have to thank people from the Telit technical supprt.
Last edited by computerpower on Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chiman
computerpower wrote:Hi all,
I'm having the same problem, it appeared after the hosting company moved my account to different data center, with linux operating system;
Try Passive mode:AT#FTPOPEN="202.222.7.23","User","Pass","","1"
The last 1 means Passive mode, please check syntax
thank you for your response to my question.

I have tried the passive mode command, but it doesn't work too but I have solved this problem by changing the IIS Ftp server to Filezilla. By the way, I don't know why. Any Idea?

Many Thanks
By Earthed
Hi,

I'm doing some interfacing to the Telit GM862 right now, and could use your experience.

Do you have an example trace of AT commands you used once you got FTP File download working and possible trace of commands/responses for FTP file upload?

FTP:
One thing to be aware of with FTP is FTP vs FTPS, I think Filezilla can support both types of FTP hosting. Not sure why you had to switch, but possibly your other host may have imposed security certificates using FTPS.

Project:
I'm developing using the NetduinoPlus and an Omilex GM862-GPS Arduino 5.0V shield (that I adapted to support Netduino 3.3V)