SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By wirelessman1
Hi everyone I REALLY need help on this.
We are working with the GE863-GPS module, we make our own PCB design and everything looks fine, then installed on a car and suddenly shutdown (just the Telit Module everything else in the PCB is running) after some times 1 others 2 days. We handle to connect through the serial port while the module is in this state and notice that Python program is stop, and we can send just few AT commands, must of them respond error. The only way to get out of this state is by issuing the AT#SHDN command or power cycle.
So far we just have the Telit support response that they never hear that befor (sounds like they are busy).
Looking at some treads I found one similar from Anadin (Username) and just as his case we double checked the Power Supply and it has enough power for 3 Amps and also we have a couple of 330uF low ESR caps near the module supply pins. I honestry don´t think it´s neither a transient issue from the car electric systems cause it always does this behavior at night in a location where the vehicle is off and has kind of poor GSM signal (My garage) Does anyone knows if this user solved the problem?
Any advice?

Thanks