SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By xgh
My GPS module (Sannav FV-M8) just arrived here and I immediately started testing. I am receiving all NMEA sentences, but the gps isn't getting a fix, no matter where it is. I have also put it outside, but it still isn't getting any. I am using the GPS in combination with the SparkFun GPS Eval board from the shop. Does anyone have an answer to my question?
By xgh
It seems that it does work on an other computer. I don't know what the problem is here, but I think I'll have to do it on the other.
By delta85
I have the same GPS and am having trouble connecting it to my computer via the related evaluation board (Eval B-v15). How did you go about conneting it to your computer and what were the main problems?

Thanks
By xgh
I connected it by inserting the connector in the socket, and then connect the gps by usb in the computer. I have connected it with the Sparkfun GPS eval board. i've also inserted a 12mm battery. I'm still getting no fixes btw.
By akash
hi all!
1.how should i interface fv-m8 with pc, what all i need to buy along with fv-m8 to get the data displayed in minigps or gps locator utility. circuit diagram is appreciated.

2.i am using avr atmega8 microcontroller for extracting data from fv-m8 and display the contents on lcd. i need help in what all components to be used here along with fv-m8. circuit diagram is appreciated. reply asap.
By funnynypd
Have you got the issue all figured out?