SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By MontanaTrout
I just called T-mobile (U.S.) and told T-mobile internet plan ($19.99) doesn't support (GPRS) on non T-mobile phone or modem. Anybody knows any low cost GPRS plan in the U.S? I just want make my GM862-GPS works in the U.S.

Thanks!
By maokh
Sure it does. Just activate service, do not explain details. The CSR will just get confused.

Activate it in another phone if you absolutely have to, then move the sim over.
By daemondust
By "support" they probably meant "provide technical support for". It should work just fine as long as you get everything set up correctly.
By MontanaTrout
Would you please post the steps (AT commands). I always got AT#GPRS return 0 and At+CREG? return 0, 2. Did I missed anything?

Anybody use T-mobile service at U.S. and get this through?

Thanks!
By maokh
Its not registered with 0,2.

make sure you do a: AT#BND=3
By ke4uil
MontanaTrout wrote:I just called T-mobile (U.S.) and told T-mobile internet plan ($19.99) doesn't support (GPRS) on non T-mobile phone or modem. Anybody knows any low cost GPRS plan in the U.S? I just want make my GM862-GPS works in the U.S.

Thanks!
Just to let you know you can use this device on TMOs network just fine. What they mean is that the data can not do tech support on this device.

TMO only supports phones it sales in the US. So it's kind of like if you got you GSM from another country.

Have fun :D