SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By Jorgalad
Hi everyone,

New to the Forum and Arduino related stuff in general.
I purchased the Redboard Artemis Nano and the Qwiic WiFI Shield - DA16200, in the hopes that this would be an easy way to extend the Artemis with WiFi. However, all of the examples I've tried, including the 'Setting up Guide' and the DA16200 Library examples don't work. The official examples from Sparkfun all seem to use SoftwareSerial.h, which as far as I understand I don't need when connecting over Qwiic? Also, it doesn't seem to be working for the Artemis in general.
The examples from the DA16200 library don't work either because apparently this library doesn't support the Apollo3 architecture, as mentioned here as well:

https://github.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apollo3/issues/459
I went through that thread and tried the suggestions but with no luck so far.

Here's the other tutorial I tried to follow
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/di ... g-to-wifi-

So tl;dr, I have an Artemis Redboard Nano and a WiFi Shield DA16200, connected over Qwiic, all I want is to setup a simple WiFi connection to share some other sensor values via a UDP port. Can anyone please send me in the right direction?

Thanks very much in advance!
- Jor
By Jorgalad
Could you recommend a different Module? I looked into the 'Thing Plus", but it looks like it also uses the DA16200.
To be honest I don't really understand the need for a QwiiC connector on these devices if there are no libraries supporting communication between them?
I guess one could write the library from scratch, but unfortunately as of right now this would be far above my level of expertise
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum