SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
I have a red board artemis ATP that comes with a blutooth low power module.
I tried programming it using simple arduino code that blinks the built in LED and worked fine but when I included the arduinoBLE.h I got error compiling.

The arduinoBLE.h is installed.

I have read that this library is used with certain boards which are Arduino MKR WiFi 1010, Arduino UNO WiFi Rev.2, Arduino Nano 33 IoT, Arduino Nano 33 BLE and Nicla Sense ME.

Any help please!

Thanks,
This is the full error message

In file included from C:\Users\Mousa\OneDrive - just.edu.jo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE-1.3.2\src/ArduinoBLE.h:26,
from C:\Users\Mousa\OneDrive - just.edu.jo\Desktop\sketch_oct12a\sketch_oct12a.ino:1:
C:\Users\Mousa\OneDrive - just.edu.jo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE-1.3.2\src/BLETypedCharacteristics.h:60:61: error: 'word' was not declared in this scope
class BLEWordCharacteristic : public BLETypedCharacteristic<word> {
^~~~
C:\Users\Mousa\OneDrive - just.edu.jo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoBLE-1.3.2\src/BLETypedCharacteristics.h:60:65: error: template argument 1 is invalid
class BLEWordCharacteristic : public BLETypedCharacteristic<word> {

Thanks,
I assume you have installed the board library for Sparkfun Apollo3 boards and you have selected the ATP board ( in the IDE : tools, board).
You can check the version of the board : tools, board, board manager, in search type Apollo3. Then you will see the installed version. This needs to be version 2.2.1
it is not a matter of the IDE, although I use 1.8.16 version.

The board library versions are stored in a json file which needs to be included in preferences. Make sure to include
Code: Select all
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apollo3/master/package_sparkfun_apollo3_index.json
if you have an old or different Apollo3 link in your preferences, remove that.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum