SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By kelemvor
Hello,

I've bought a couple redboard artemis nano devices. I'm trying to move to these from a normal arduino nano. I'm having trouble finding the i2c connection and using it.

I've tried merely dropping my rather simple test sketch that works on arduino nano onto artemis. It compiles with some warnings about deprecated things. However I get nothing on i2c display. The doccumentation for the redboard artemis nano seems rather arcane compared to standard arduino docs or even the redboard artemis (non-nano) docs.

I suspect I've just got the wrong pins for SDA and SCL. The silkscreen and the documentation (https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/5/5/1/6 ... s-Nano.pdf) Don't clearly identify anything as being "SCL" and "SDA" but there's an SCL0/SDA0 on either nonexistent pins D5/D6 or 11/13. Unfortunately, I2c isn't working connected to 11/13.

There's an 17/SDA2 18/SCL2 silkscreened on the board but no holes for actual pins...

There's an SDA3/6 SCL3/7 but unfortunately i2c doesn't work here.

In addition to trying my sketch with an SSD1306 display that works on Arduino Nano, I've tried the Appolo3 -> i2c example sketch. I get nothing from i2c devices connected to 11/13 or 6/7. When I try defining mySDA and mySCL per the example sketch, I get the run time error "pinmap not found for peripheral". I've tried values like mySDA 11, mySDA 6 (and of course corresponding mySCL) and a few other things. Any definition to these variables results in "pinmap not found for peripheral".

Does i2c just not work with this product? Am I missing something? Super frustrating to be stuck on such a basic thing as i2c comms for a whole night...

It's about 5 hours past bedtime for me, so hopefully this post makes sense and someone can point out my problem.

Thanks in advance,
kelemvor
By TS-Russell
It looks like the pins being mentioned are on the CHIP...11 and 13 from there correspond to pins 3 & 5, respectively, on the GPIO row - try using these 2 and see what happens. Another option is to use the qwiic connector (which is where 17 & 18 are)

It might be helpful if you could share a photo of your siring setup and the code being used...and we can go from there!
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum