SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
AM_HAL_PWRCTRL_MEM_MAX is NOT accepted and return an error. So nothing is happening..
(from am_hal_powercntrl.c) :
Code: Select all
am_hal_pwrctrl_memory_deepsleep_powerdown(am_hal_pwrctrl_mem_e eMemConfig)
{
    if ( eMemConfig >= AM_HAL_PWRCTRL_MEM_MAX )
    {
        return AM_HAL_STATUS_FAIL;
    }

//
    // Power down the required memory.
    //
    PWRCTRL->MEMPWDINSLEEP |= am_hal_pwrctrl_memory_control[eMemConfig].ui32PwdSlpEnable;

return AM_HAL_STATUS_SUCCESS;
}
I have not tested on 1.2.1 (stopped using that long ago) but will try in the coming days.
Hi Paul,

In addition to the low-power code, I'm dealing with RTC alarm matches not working and the WDT ISR is not triggering correctly (or at all), resulting in endless reset loops. I wrote WDT library for v2.x and I have this sneaking suspicion that I've missed something obvious. If I knew how, I'd try to make use of the Mbed OS WDT functionality, but I haven't cracked that nut yet.

https://github.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apollo3/pull/363

Cheers,
Adam
Hi Paul,

To give a quick update, the issues I was experiencing with the WDT reset loops were due to the fact the program was being stored beyond the range of the lowest 64K SRAM. Robin was very helpful in troubleshooting this.

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=50904&p=224374#p224374

Considering the power consumption difference between retaining 32K vs 384K is less than a microamp, I believe it would be best for all of SparkFun's examples to power down all the CACHE and flash, but retain all of the SRAM. When I have time I'll work on a PR for the v1/v2 Cores.

Cheers,
Adam
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum