SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By stealth
I was following the Artimus Dev Kit setup here, https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/g ... o-examples. I installed ArduinoBLE and the Sparkfun Apollo3 boards and opened the LED example. The example compiles but when I load it on the Artimus Dev Kit, I get 'starting BLE failed!'.

I am using ArduinoBLE version 1.1.3, the SparkFun Apollo3 Boards version 2.0.2 and the most recent Arduino sketch, 1.8.13. All the SparkFun documentation indicates this should just work but I keep getting 'starting BLE failed!' whenever I call BLE.begin();

I have tried downgrading ArduinoBLE but then I get compiler errors. I downgraded to ArduinoBLE 1.0.0 and fixed the compiling issues and that allowed me to start the BLE LED Peripheral. The problem is after ~10 seconds, Windows says the usb device has malfunctioned and I lose my serial connection to the Artimus Dev Kit.

Is anyone having similar issues or has someone got it working with a different combination of library versions?
By KIS
Hello, I have the same problem, i bougt 20 ARTEMIS MODULE for development custom product, i am utilice same configuration . IDE ARDUINO V 1.8.13, SparkFun Apollo3 Boards version 2.0.2 , and ArduinoBLE version 1.1.3. any of the exmaples related whit BLE from IDE arduino show in the serial terminal show "starting BLE failed!'".

I wasThink that the problem was SMD mountig proceses of Sparkfun APOLLO 3 CHIPS, i bougt one target RedBoard Artemis ATP, and surprice same problem !! "starting BLE failed!'." :o

Someone who has a solution, or please help me SPARKFUN technical support about this problem.

Thnaks
By stealth
Yea so I figured out the problem. Well I have no clue what the problem really is but I know what you have to do to fix it.

In the ArduinoBLE 1.1.3 library file, open the ...\ArduinoBLE\src\utility\HCICordioTransport.cpp file. Comment out line 187 in the begin method and it should work just fine!
Code: Select all
187   CordioHCIHook::getDriver().start_reset_sequence();
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum