SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
By KHE
In your sparkfun core directory:
c:/Users/YourName/AppData/Local/Ardino15/packages/SparkFun/hardware/apollo3/2.02/variants/SFE_ARTEMIS/variant.cpp

comment out UART Serial1(SERIAL1_TX, SERIAL1_RX); line.

That will fix the Serial problem – at least it did for the Nano.

The LED problem also happens with Edge2 board. Haven’t been able to get it’s LED’s to light either.
By matsciguy
Thanks for your response. I commented out that line in "SFE_ARTEMIS/variant.cpp" and in "SFE_ARTEMIS_NANO/variant.cpp" both separately and in both files with no change in being able to get Serial communication back or get the LED to blink.

For reference I should have mentioned, I'm doing this on a Mac, and I'm using the "Sparkfun Variable Loader (Out of Order)" that is marked as out of order, but according to the Arduino IDE, it completes successfully. If I use the "Ambiq" bootloader it says it attempts upload 3 times and fails. I tried changing the Baud rate to all possible options and have no success.
By KHE
I'm win10. Sparkfun Variable Loader will not work at all. Only Ambiq works. Also, I use a terminal emulator called Termite. It will not display anything or work at all unless the board has completed booting prior to connecting the serial. That's about all I know about this. Core needs a little work I think.
By redgoboom
@matsciguy wrote:
I'm doing this on a Mac
If I use the "Ambiq" bootloader it says it attempts upload 3 times and fails. I tried changing the Baud rate to all possible options and have no success.
Same here.
As for svl, mine failed due to the Big Sur update bug but manual reconfiguration to enable svl.py fixed that (output below). I have yet to verify the BLE LED code is advertising though.
Code: Select all
Artemis SVL Bootloader
Script version 1.7

Phase:	Setup
	Cleared startup blip
	Got SVL Bootloader Version: 5
	Sending 'enter bootloader' command

Phase:	Bootload
	have 138976 bytes to send in 68 frames
	Sending frame #1, length: 2048
	Sending frame #68, length: 1760

Upload complete