SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Topics pertaining to the Arduino Core & software used with the Artemis module and Artemis development boards.
Artemis Nano: Did have to modify file 2.0.2/variants/SFE_ARTEMIS_NANO/variant.cpp
comment out UART Serial1(SERIAL1_TX, SERIAL1_RX); to get Serial to work, but otherwise:

Just add ArduinoBLE library with library manager. After that you can use the ArduinoBLE examples. examples/Peripheral/LED runs out of the box with nrfConnect. Send 01 from phone and led lights. Send 00 and it goes out. Just like the old example8BLE but SO MUCH SWEETER.

EXCELLENT!!
Thank you for the tip about the variant.cpp file; I had updated the board package to version 2.02 and was puzzled that existing sketches were not working until I saw your post.

However, I am not able to run the Peripheral/LED example code; it fails on BLE.begin(). I am running Arduino 1.8.13 on macOS 10.15.7, and the version of the Arduino BLE library I have is 1.1.3- is that the same version you have? And/or, is there anything else I may have missed?

Thanks.
I'm on Windows10 but but other stats are same ( 1.8.13, 1.13, 2.0.2). I have 2 Nano boards. One board would not function and registered a hardware fault that occasionally printed the whole error message but usually just partial prints to Termite emulator (must wait a couple of seconds before connecting emulator to see anything). I was VERY frustrated. Could not even get Blinky example to run (no ble). Tried second board and vuallah ... Blinky WORKED. Tried BLE - Worked. Sorry, no MAC here but one of my Nano boards definately works completely with BLE. May be some production qc issues with Nano , or maybe I just killed something at some point with the first board. First board did work completely with 1.0.30 Arduino Core. Very strange.
Thanks for the update.

Another data point- I compiled the LED code for an older Artemis Redboard (both with and without the corresponding UART line commented out in the variant.cpp file), and there is no serial output at all, whereas serial output does work just fine for other sketches (with both the modified and unmodified variant.cpp).

Also, in general, it seems that with v2.02 of the board package, downloading has also become a lot less stable.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum