SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything with the AmbiqSuite SDK tools and software are welcome here.
By Shepherd
Finally the sparkfun board edge boards arrived today ;-)

Following this well written guide : i am stuck with the following NoResponseError when trying to flash the code on the Ambiq, with the uart_wired_update.pyscript, that comes with tensorflow examples

opprud$ python3 tensorflow/lite/experimental/micro/tools/make/downloads/AmbiqSuite-Rel2.0.0/tools/apollo3_scripts/uart_wired_update.py -b 115200 /dev/cu.usbserial-1430 -r 1 -f main_nonsecure_wire.bin -i 6

MOJ/Connecting with Corvette over serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-1430...

Sending Hello.

No response for command 0x00000000

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "tensorflow/lite/experimental/micro/tools/make/downloads/AmbiqSuite-Rel2.0.0/tools/apollo3_scripts/uart_wired_update.py", line 336, in <module>

main()

File "tensorflow/lite/experimental/micro/tools/make/downloads/AmbiqSuite-Rel2.0.0/tools/apollo3_scripts/uart_wired_update.py", line 38, in main

connect_device(ser)

File "tensorflow/lite/experimental/micro/tools/make/downloads/AmbiqSuite-Rel2.0.0/tools/apollo3_scripts/uart_wired_update.py", line 58, in connect_device

response = send_command(hello, 88, ser)

File "tensorflow/lite/experimental/micro/tools/make/downloads/AmbiqSuite-Rel2.0.0/tools/apollo3_scripts/uart_wired_update.py", line 235, in send_command

raise NoResponseError

__main__.NoResponseError
My setup:

Macbook pro, tried both old 15" & new 13"
Sparkfun serial basic breakout, USBC version (default jumped to 3v3)
FTDI 3v3 serial cable
I have tried

two different edge boards, with the correct Key14 & reset combo + misc variants and timing
legacy USB on old Macbook
new Macbook w USB C
FTDI 3v3 serial cable as alternative to sparkfun serial board
Running an alternative uart_boot_host.py script in tensorflow/lite/experimental/micro/tools/make/downloads/AmbiqSuite-Rel2.0.0/tools/bootloader_scripts/uart_boot_host.py, also no response
I can measure, with a scope, the handshake bytes '0x14', '0x55', '0x9d', '0xe9' '0x0', '0x0', '0x8', '0x0' being transmitted initially at 115200 on the TXO pin on the programming header - but the ambiq is not replying anything.

btw. The onboard demo is running, blue led flashing, an some "yes's" are being recognized.

Any inputs welcome.

Does anyone know the protocol for the corvette bootloader ?

Are there any CPU revision changes from the first batch of boards, or possibly any lock bits programmed accidentally from sparkfun ?

rgds from an eager TF lite user ;-)
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum