SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything with the AmbiqSuite SDK tools and software are welcome here.
By MaverickThomas
I have got a sparkfun edge board and a redboard. i have tried the examples codes from ambiq sdk and sparkfun example tensorflow on edge board using the given python scripts and it was working fine.

Now i want to try the same examples from ambiq sdk(i2c, ble..) on the redboard but unable to upload the firmware using the sparkfun uart_wired_update_sparkfun.py i have also tried the ambiq wired update script but couldn't update it. (As edge board and red board have different bootloaders)

i have also tried arduino to upload and it was working, so i have used artemis_svl.py script from the .arduino15 to program using the makefile but some port issues are coming.

${PROGRAMMER_SCRIPT} -b 115200 -f $(CONFIG)/main_nonsecure_wire.bin -v -t 0.50 $(SERIAL_PORT)
(As edge board and red board have different bootloaders)
The Edge board and RedBoard both have the Ambiq Secure Bootloader - though they are configured for different baud rates (in production Edge is set for 921600 and all the Artemis based boards are set for 115200)
From the factory the RedBoard will also have the SparkFun Variable Loader flashed on top of the ASB - but it is not protected in memory and will be overwritten when using the ASB.

(you can restore it by selecting 'Ambiq Secure Bootloader' as the 'Programmer' in Arduino and clicking 'Burn Bootloader')

When you say that you use uart_wired_update_sparkfun.py have you properly signed the update image using Ambiq's scripts? It is easier to use the all-in-one script 'ambiq_bin2board.py' here: https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_Ap ... n2board.py
${PROGRAMMER_SCRIPT} -b 115200 -f $(CONFIG)/main_nonsecure_wire.bin -v -t 0.50 $(SERIAL_PORT)
This makes me think you are calling each of the scripts the same way? There are differences in the arguments to the ASB and the SVL. You can see examples of that here:
https://github.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apo ... #L135-L136
https://github.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apo ... #L166-L167

Also bear in mind the fact that your code needs to be linked appropriately for which bootloader you are using - code for the ASB should begin at address 0xC000 while code for the SVL should begin at 0x10000
MaverickThomas wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:04 am I have got a sparkfun edge board and a redboard. i have tried the examples codes from ambiq sdk and sparkfun example tensorflow on edge board using the given python scripts and it was working fine.

Now i want to try the same examples from ambiq sdk(i2c, ble..) on the redboard but unable to upload the firmware using the sparkfun uart_wired_update_sparkfun.py i have also tried the ambiq wired update script but couldn't update it. (As edge board and red board have different bootloaders)

i have also tried arduino to upload and it was working, so i have used artemis_svl.py script from the .arduino15 to program using the makefile but some port issues are coming.

Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldnt find this topic troubleshooting in google.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum