Ongoing hassles trying to place an international order

Questions about the BatchPCB service

Moderators: phalanx, robacarp

redwire

Ongoing hassles trying to place an international order

Post by redwire » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm

With an Ipad3 and Safari, I can't even sign in.
Win7 and IE 8, WinXP and IE 7, it keeps looping back to the Shipping and Payment Information page.
Win7 and Firefox, I get an error message that the country and shipping are incorrect, even though they are entered correctly.

The loop is:
Load up my cart, go to the Checkout, Shipping Options, select USPS First Class Mail International, Next->
Order Review, all looks good -> Place Order ->
then punted back to Shipping and Payment Information, with Country changed to United States and State is <please select>.

I emailed Batch PCB a few weeks ago and they would get their IT guys to look into it.
I think it's a website problem with "International Shipping" coded as USA only.

Any advice, I 'm getting pissed off waiting for them to fix this website bug so I can order.

Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer

Re: Ongoing hassles trying to place an international order

Post by Ross Robotics » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Why don't you just go somewhere else? When they lose most of their customers, they might fix something.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink
Available for circuit and PCB design, just PM me!

redwire

Post by redwire » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

How would BatchPCB know they are losing business due to problems? Every PCB house I've dealt with has "issues". I found BatchPCB good for onesie-twosie proto stuff, when their system is working but it's pooched again. Thought I would post here and see if they listen to their customers.

Let me know who you recommend to go with.

Adafruit has a list of vendors here: http://www.ladyada.net/library/pcb/manufacturers.html
and a cost comparison calculator here: http://www.ladyada.net/library/pcb/costcalc.html

Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer

Post by Ross Robotics » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm

My top Fab house is OSH Park. Good prices and awesome quality.
Next would be Itead. Very good prices and decent quality.

These are the only 2 I use. But I've heard good things about Seeed as well.

They would know because they are seeing less profits. Their website was perfect before someone decided to change it. And I don't care that they switched, but they obviously didn't test it before throwing it up. Just bad business practice. Don't get me wrong I love Sparkfun's products, customer service on the retail side. But after all the posts I've seen coming from BatchPCB, I don't think I will ever use them.

Or you're maybe like me, if you find a good service and are a loyal customer, then you will stick by them. I have no problem with that either. I have places like that. Maybe use another service and check back later. Your call.

Good luck either way.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink

redwire

Post by redwire » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm

After 6-7 weeks waiting for them to fix a website bug, I pulled the plug on BatchPCB. It's obvious they have no presence here in the forums and aren't tending to the business, let alone their customers.

codlink, thanks so much man I went to OSH Park and not only are they faster, gold-plated, they are 33% cheaper for 3-lots of a pcb design!

Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer

Post by Ross Robotics » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 am

No problem. OSH Park is one of the best all around if you are doing small runs and/or small PCBs. The bigger PCBs get pretty expensive. That's where ITead comes in. Their bigger PCBs are cheap.

I also don't know what BatchPCB is doing behind the scenes but it doesn't look like much. I really think they gave up. I really hope someone gets fired because of the issues related to the site. I never used them, but they seemed like a good company.
//codlink

leon_heller
Support Volunteer

Post by leon_heller » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 am

I'm very happy with ITead - three orders with no problems. They are very cheap.
Leon Heller
G1HSM