USPS option no longer available?

Questions about the BatchPCB service

Moderators: phalanx, robacarp

jcayer

Re: USPS option no longer available?

Post by jcayer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:30 am

paul_rautenbach wrote:I'm trying to order a couple of prototype boards from the UK and can't get through the ordering process.

I had a reply from <support@batchpcb.com>:
On 31 Jan 2011, at 15:04, Support wrote:

Currently IT is trying to solve this problem. If your using a credit card to pay, then try paypal. Paypal seems to be working for international customers.
It won't let me past the Shipping stage of the process, otherwise I would use PayPal. Even though it shows Shipping as $2.00, it still wants me to select from an undisplayed list of shipping options.

I'd be interested to know how others are making it work with PayPal, if you can explain what to do, let me know how.
I have the same problem. It shows $2.00 for shipping and then when I checkout, it only displays 2 options from Federal express for shipping at $19 and $20...
Just the shipping fees are more expensive than my total order and I'm in Canada...

I cannot go in the payment page if I don't check a box in the shipping page. It's out of the question I pay $20 shipping for a $16 order...

Maybe it's time to take a look seriously at your site or hire some experienced programmers...

jcayer

Post by jcayer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

BUMP !!!

sephers

Post by sephers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 am

This is getting pathetic now, I'm running out of time to order pcbs and batch pcb are doing nothing about it. Granted the wesbite may be having difficulties but they are ignoring my emails despite me saying I'd rather send them the order and pay using paypal. As I live in the UK I don't have any options for shipping so I can't order and it's been like this for over a week now.

I'm going somewhere else, batch pcb you have lost a customer over this, I'd rather pay an extra $30 at pcbcart then here.

Goodnight and thank you.

Boomerang

Post by Boomerang » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 am

So it seems that BatchPCB doesn't really care about non-american people. I'm starting a business and needed a PCB for a machine, but BatchPCB failed at the wrongest time. My business could suit perfectly with an additional PCB business, so if anyone is able to code a (good) DRC, we could work together to bring an alternative in Europe. I handle everything else and I share revenues, that serious !
Contact me with MP or at this adress: jbowoallot5c554@jetable.org

phalanx
Non-SFE Guru

Post by phalanx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Boomerang wrote:So it seems that BatchPCB doesn't really care about non-american people. I'm starting a business and needed a PCB for a machine, but BatchPCB failed at the wrongest time. My business could suit perfectly with an additional PCB business, so if anyone is able to code a (good) DRC, we could work together to bring an alternative in Europe. I handle everything else and I share revenues, that serious !
Contact me with MP or at this adress: jbowoallot5c554@jetable.org
While I agree that Sparkfun should be more responsive about these issues, this has to be one of the dumbest posts on the Internet for the past week. My first question would be why is a business trying to use BatchPCB for circuit boards. My second question would be why is a business using a France based disposable email address service?

-Bill

Blackfin

Post by Blackfin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 pm

jcayer wrote:I have the same problem. It shows $2.00 for shipping and then when I checkout, it only displays 2 options from Federal express for shipping at $19 and $20...
Just the shipping fees are more expensive than my total order and I'm in Canada...

I cannot go in the payment page if I don't check a box in the shipping page. It's out of the question I pay $20 shipping for a $16 order...

Maybe it's time to take a look seriously at your site or hire some experienced programmers...
Just ordered a couple of prototypes from the service -- had been using PCBCART for ages -- and was disappointed at the lack of a cheaper shipping alternative than $20 FedExcessive.

I believe I still came in cheaper than PCBCART would have been once all their set-up and shipping fees are included but was hoping for cheaper from an American outfit serving North Americans. This is the kind of stuff that drives even hobbyists to outsource.

Postal service has to be made an option. The boards will take 10-20 days to be made. I don't really care if they ship in 2-3 days via priority courier. Please give me the cheapest option...

jcayer

Post by jcayer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:31 am

Blackfin wrote:...

Postal service has to be made an option. The boards will take 10-20 days to be made. I don't really care if they ship in 2-3 days via priority courier. Please give me the cheapest option...

Amen to that !!!

thierry

Post by thierry » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:59 am

BUMP

Is there any news on the USPS shipping problem? I live in France and FedEx shipping is more expensive than my PCB + setup fee. USPS worked for me in the past.

Regards

Ferny

Post by Ferny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Any news about this :?: It is going to be fixed soon :?:

Qubit

Post by Qubit » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:32 am

I have exactly the same problem:
I am missing the USPS shipping option. My PCB+SH+SETUP is $30 and FedEx costs $32. Does not make sense to me. I use batchpcb for slow things where timelines does not matter. So a FedEx shipping is just a wast of money.

I wrote an email to support@batchpcb.com from my google account, but received the message:
Technical details of temporary failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain.
?????????

Ferny

Post by Ferny » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:09 am

Is anybody interested on sharing shipping costs? I will make an order next weekend using the fedex option (because USPS option is still unavailable and I have been waiting almost a month, but I can't wait more) and I want to reduce my shipping cost. When I receive it, I can send your boards from Spain to any country using low cost postage. Send me a private message if you are interested.

XorXaX

Post by XorXaX » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 am

Ferny wrote:Is anybody interested on sharing shipping costs? I will make an order next weekend using the fedex option (because USPS option is still unavailable and I have been waiting almost a month, but I can't wait more) and I want to reduce my shipping cost. When I receive it, I can send your boards from Spain to any country using low cost postage. Send me a private message if you are interested.
Interesting. I don't get the FedEx option. I don't get ANY shipping options! :S

Flemming

Post by Flemming » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:02 am

Any, updates on this?

toopy

Post by toopy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Not wrong, USPS all the way.

My board cost $9.70, + $10 handling (I can agree with that price) + $2 Shipping

However when i go to check out Postage options are $51 or $52, no way in hell im going to pay that much for a $10 PCB to be sent by FEDEX.
Especially after the wait time for manufacture. Those prices for shipping are ridiculous

If I can get a CCD camera Lens sent from miami to Australia for $2.60, surely I can get a 5x5cm 2layer PCB Shipped for $2. God it fits in an envelope.

Large orders from Sparkfun are only $13 shipped.

toopy

Post by toopy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:01 pm

If anyone is after 2 layer proto PCB's then a good alternative is

Itead - http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php? ... Path=19_20

10, 5x5cm PCB's for $12 - with 50% electrical testing

or

10, 10x10cm PCB's for $28 - with 50% electrical testing

with cheap shipping options and processing within 4-6 days.