SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions about the BatchPCB service

Moderator: robacarp

By pittuck
oh crap

lol, can u look in the top layer file and find the line that goes something like:

%FSLAX23Y23%

I have got to find a better way of getting this info out of the files... ;) lol

as for the header thing, its not my code!!!!

lol, i will have a look at oscommerce redirects now.
By pittuck
ok well i jsut tested the forwarder and this is the code it uses:
Code: Select all
  function tep_redirect($url) {
    if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page
      if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url
        $url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL
      }
    }

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();
  }
And directs to

http://localhost/oscommerce/catalog/index.php

[on my local server]

So technically fine from that point of view.
By roycearnold
pittuck,

Here the beginning of the TOP file:
-----------------------------------
G04 Mass Parameters ***
G04 Image ***
%IND:\PROJECTS\RA\DISPLAY_ADAPTERS\OPTREX_51852\REV_A\DISPLAY_51852.TOP*%
%ICAS*%
%MOIN*%
%IPPOS*%
%ASAXBY*%
G74*%FSLAN2X23Y23*%
G04 Aperture Definitions ***
-------------------------

I'm assuming that the "G74*%FSLAN2X23Y23*%" line is the one your interested in. I randomly checked another design (never built by SFE) and it has a similar line format.

Am I correct in assuming this is the line that define the numeric format (i.e. 2.3 in this case)? It's been along time since I worked directly with G-Code.

Royce
By pittuck
ok, you can try again now.

2.3 should work as it would give an error of 1,000,000 (i.e ur board will cost $7)
By cctsm
So you use osCommerce to manage the PCB thingy?

Well, in any case, the redirect _function_ is just fine, unless there's a problem with the secure link. The problem lies in what calls the redirect when you log in.

Since I really have no idea how it all works, I can't really help much more.
By roycearnold
Pittuck,

I've tried twice more to upload files.

1st attempt: I uploaded with the same project name and same file name with "OrCAD" selected. I received a new email with a slightly different link, but it brought another high $ quote. Not sure if it was identical, but close if it was not.

2nd attempt: I uploaded the same design but with a new project name and a renamed zip file (files inside were still named the same). I submitted as Other 2.3.Normal. I just received the email (dated about 30 minutes ago) and the link takes me to the login screen and then to the submit new design screen. This is back to the initial behavior I first experienced.

RA
By pittuck
gah, ok

i will download your files for 5 mins and check to see why its not working. lol.

Might have to be IE only.... I have not found docs on this problem....
By pittuck
ok the price is now:

1.402x1.927" = $7.50

for the file called DISPLAY_xxxxx.zip

All ur files have been deleted from my computer.

I missed a X in the string.

The up side of this bug is that no one can spend 6million on a PCB, so as long as no millionairs use sparkfun with a card worth that much, no one should be overcharged as a result of this bug.

Its that fuzzy logic again! lol.
By roycearnold
Pittuck,

I've made two more attempts with similar outcomes.

1st was with Firefox. Got the confirmation email and then the no show when I click on the link (i.e. just the new submission screen).

2nd was with IE (everything submitted thru IE). The results were the same as above.

Also, a question. How are you calculating boards size? The 1.402 x 1.927 is a little smaller than the outline on my silkscreen. I'm guessing your determining the size from either or both the top and bottom. Is this were I should move the outline to?

I know how much fun the removable of fuzzy logic can be. BTDT!

If I can help further, let me know.

RA
By pittuck
i think i can fix the problem :D hehe, i am doing 2 header redirects ;) lol, one from updater.php and one from products_info.php

time to introduce the meta refresh! lol.
By roycearnold
Pittuck,

I'm not sure if this is related to what you are trying for the fix or not, but I think I may have a clue for you.

I just tried the links again and the same thing happens (so assuming this is not the latest fix). However...

If after I log in, I paste the the back half (everything after the .com) into the address bar, it works!! I can confirm the pricing is correct now also.

It looks like the difference is with the "www". For example:

This does not work:
http://www.xxxxxx.com/catalog/updater.p ... xxxxx&7371

This does work:
http://xxxxxx.com/catalog/updater.php?xxxxxxxxxx&7371
Hope that helps,
RA
Last edited by roycearnold on Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NleahciM
Hmm - I wasn't aware there was a whole new website for this new pcb deal. Now I'm wondering - it says "$10 setup fee - $2.50 per square inch." - is that permanent? Being that almost all my boards are really small (1-2 square inches) I'd be getting completely screwed... Why the sudden price increase?
By asm2750
that is pretty good deal still for half eurocard designs. I was priceing one of my designs at 60 when it was $5 sqInch but now its at 42, thats still pretty decent for a prototype.
By pittuck
Well its that procing scheme or no service, i know what i would rather have...

lol
By GeekHollow
Looks like the new pricing works in your favor if you've got more than 4 square inches. I don't see this as a negative - especially seeing as I've got a couple of 6-8 inchers waiting to go!

Jerry