SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions about the BatchPCB service

Moderator: robacarp

By Coriolis
I really hate being the harpy, but can you give us an estimation of when we can expect the PCB service to be back online, or at least how serious of an issue still remains in getting the DRC program functioning? Your original estimated 3 week window expired 10/15, I understand that making a deadline is a very difficult thing to do especially when you cannot know in advance what issues you will face, because of this I always cut some slack and assume the actual time to complete will be 1.5 times the original estimation, but it is now approaching 6 weeks. And Im between scylla and charybdis because fabing my 1.2x0.8 board would be insanity from any other service.

Exasperated but not angry,
Paul
By pittuck
well, it was due for release last tuesday. But hardware problems meant it will have to be tomorrow evening, or thursday evening. There is a lot of work to be done now that things are back online.
By Coriolis
Thanks for the update, Ill be happy if its up by next week.
By sparky
We've weather two hosts (ixwebhosting and powweb are scary horrible places).

www.batchpcb.com has been up and down a few times. You guys are welcome (and I want to encourage you) to start bouncing designs off the DRC bot. I've got some addtional osCommerce tweaking to do and I'm sure Pittuck has quite a bit of updating to get the main framework in place, but things around SFE are starting to simmer down. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Holy smokes that's a big, clean, satellite picture! :shock: Our building is in the lower right corner. My car is either a beat-up 4 door honda or a Red 2001 Ducati 750 SS ;) I've got cold beer in the fridge for anyone who wants to stop by!

Where did that photo come from? Google maps? Google Earth? Is that *really* streaming?

Back to forum fun.
-Nathan
By Caffeine
sparky wrote:We've weather two hosts (ixwebhosting and powweb are scary horrible places).

www.batchpcb.com has been up and down a few times. You guys are welcome (and I want to encourage you) to start bouncing designs off the DRC bot. I've got some addtional osCommerce tweaking to do and I'm sure Pittuck has quite a bit of updating to get the main framework in place, but things around SFE are starting to simmer down. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Holy smokes that's a big, clean, satellite picture! :shock: Our building is in the lower right corner. My car is either a beat-up 4 door honda or a Red 2001 Ducati 750 SS ;) I've got cold beer in the fridge for anyone who wants to stop by!

Where did that photo come from? Google maps? Google Earth? Is that *really* streaming?

Back to forum fun.
-Nathan
Screenshot from google earth....

Here's a link to your new place in google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2500+Cent ... &t=h&hl=en

It doesn't zoom in as far as google earth
By dakiller
sparky wrote:www.batchpcb.com has been up and down a few times. You guys are welcome (and I want to encourage you) to start bouncing designs off the DRC bot. I've got some addtional osCommerce tweaking to do and I'm sure Pittuck has quite a bit of updating to get the main framework in place, but things around SFE are starting to simmer down. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
-Nathan
That link comes up wanting a username and password to get in, that normal?
By pittuck
yup

it means people can have designs attributed to them, i.e. more secure for your designs

- Martyn

[edit] strike that, lol, that htaccess login should not be there, i iwll email nathan now, lol[/edit]
By Tomasu
I think he was commenting on the HTTP Authentication dialog. It seems the site's been password protected.